5 Reasons Why Lido Is The Ultimate Venice Summer Location
Facts about Lido Island that you probably did not know and that can be very useful while looking for or purchasing a property in Venice.
- It’s actually Venice, but it’s the beach island by the sea. Here you can swim, rent a boat, entertain yourself with various sports and activities as windsurfing, rowing and other water sports, fishing, or simply sunbathing on its very well equipped beaches.
- There is plenty of green. Unfortunately the main island of Venice lacks green spaces because of its limited dimension, while Lido is famous for its Liberty Style Villas with verdant gardens. Here almost every house has its own private garden where it’s possible to enjoy some refreshing shade in the Italian summer heat.
- You can get there by car via ferryboat directly from the mainland: Lido is actually the only Venetian island where cars are allowed!
- If you’re a golf lover you should definitely pay a visit to the Lido’s world famous golf course, founded by Henry Ford. And it’s one of the most ancient golf courses in Italy.
- Last but not least: the Venice film festival which takes place every year at the beginning of September at the Excelsior Hotel. All Venice is brightened up with events and exclusive parties and watching international celebrities and cinema personalities walking down the red carpet can be a one-of-a-kind experience!
Check out all our finest Lido Properties selection