Pumpkin Island presents a unique opportunity, offering privacy, seclusion and exclusivity, and is a fantastic destination for tourists or locals wanting the ultimate island escape. This is really a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to secure a very special and pristine island home located in one of the great wonders of the natural world.
At just under 15 acres in total (six hectares), the island is situated in the pristine waters off the coast of Yeppoon on the Capricorn Coast in Central Queensland. Pumpkin Island was named Australia’s most sustainable hotel in Australasia in 2018 at the World Boutique Hotel Awards, and was the first beyond carbon neutral island in Australia, offsetting 150% of our its annual greenhouse gas emissions.
Pumpkin Island, which first opened to guests in 1964, is a private island escape for couples, families or groups.
Facilities on the island include:
- Accommodation for up to 34 guests in five self-contained guest cottages with outdoor decks
- Two oceanfront bungalows with games room and library and sunset lounge
- Staff quarters
- A large shed
- Double-storey lookout building
- A licensed bar and lounge function venue
- A manager’s cottage
- Children’s playground
- Two registered moorings
- A helicopter landing pad
- A custom built 36-passenger boat